Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Benzema: "Mourinho's confidence in me changed everything"


"Our victory in the Copa del Rey made me very happy because it was my first title with Real Madrid"

Karim Benzema sat down with AS and talked about his feelings about last season and his hopes for the coming campaign.
"I always have football on my mind. Sport is my life and the ball is always by my side. I take care of myself. I want to be in great form when I return. I work-out every day. I swim because it's good for my back. I also ride a bicycle."

"The squad is fantastic. We all get along really well and help each other out. We have a very good coach. I am very optimistic about next season. We will be very competitive. Now that I've won my first title I want more. I don't want to stop being successful at Real Madrid."

"Zidane and I have become friends. We talk on the phone and see each other a lot. He helps me and gives me advice. He does a great job with all of us."

"I was very happy with our victory in the Copa del Rey because it was my first title with Real Madrid. I participated a lot in that tournament, like with my goal against Sevilla in the semfinals. I also felt great satisfaction when I scored against Olympique Lyonnais in the Champions League. I believe we will have great moments this season. We will try to win everything and I will personally do as much as I can to be worthy of this club and this shirt."
  • Enlarge text
  • Reduce text

0 comments:

Post a Comment