Sunday, July 3, 2011

Robinho expresses Real Madrid regret '


Brazil international striker Robinho admitted he regrets the acrimonious nature of his move away from Real Madrid to Manchester City.
Speaking to Brazilian newspaper Folha, the star believes that it was the right choice to leave Madrid, as they were in pursuit of Cristiano Ronaldo, but regretted the circumstances that he left.
"I have two regrets in my career: how I left Real Madrid and how I left Santos. I don't regret that I left but the way everything was," he told Brazilian newspaper Folha.
"At Santos, things could have taken a different course but not in Madrid. But it is all over now. Everything serves to add to your experience."
He also admitted giving Brazil teammate Neymar some advice about a possible move.
"I am now 27 and Neymar is 19," Robinho revealed.
"I try to give him advice, both on and off the field.
"European football is different and much stronger than Brazilian football. He does not need much advice. He is a born footballer."

0 comments:

Post a Comment